Neo Christopher Chung crosses disciplines with an interest in data, machine culture, and social challenges. An artist and scientific researcher living and working between Wrocław and Warsaw in Poland, Chung’s work explores the ways in which media and algorithms interact with our world.
He has long been creating audio-visual media and site-specific installations. First, he works at the intersection between new media and computational science, producing installations and performances. Motivated by scientific developments, his site-specific works explore emergent aesthetics of systems. Second, he creates short films and moving images that are introspective and intimate. In his moving images, he discusses self-identity, movement/migration, and psychology.
- Conspiracy of Interference, What Blocks the Light at FORMA Otwarta (Oleśnica, Poland) 3-24/04/2021
- Framed Configurations (Solo Exhibition) at Entropia Gallery (Wroclaw, Poland) 9–30/03/2021
- Via Nonplaces at Sacrum Profanum Festival (Krakow, Poland) 11/2020
- VirtualPolitik, Future of Inclusion Lab at Ars Electronica Festival (Linz, Austria & VR) 09/2020
- Time Waves at Art Future / Future Signs (Riga, Lativa) 09-10/2019
- datastasis at Survival Art Review + Wro Art Center (Wroclaw, Poland) 06-07/2019
- Neural Reflection at Art Innovation (Kyoto, Japan) 03/2019
- KIBLA Multimedijski Center x RUK Network (Maribor, Slovenia) 10/2021
- Art & Science Center at ITMO (St. Petersburg, Russia) Postponed due to COVID-19
- American Arts Incubator (Virtual due to COVID-19) 07-08/2020